The Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon are seeking influential runners to represent our 2016 race! We’re looking for 10 dedicated runners from the greater Houston area who love the Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon, are involved in the running community (both on the ground and online) and are ready to be part of our amazing team of Ambassadors!
If you’ve previously run the Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon events and would like to join our 2016 Ambassador Team, please apply online now. All applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on April 10, 2015. All applicants will be notified by April 14, 2015.
- Spread the word about the Houston Marathon Committee events (local running clubs, social media, blogging, etc are all examples) and answer questions in the running community
- Follow and interact with the Chevron Houston Marathon on social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Blogging and using social media regularly
- Submit regular reports/blogs through the duration of your ambassadorship, including pictures and testimonials
- Minimum five blogs to be posted to the HMC website
- At least one tweet, facebook post and instagram per week
- Collateral Distribution in hometown (running stores, local races, etc)
- Race Weekend Support- to be determined. Must be available for at least a few hours on Friday and Saturday of race weekend
- Be an expert on the Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon!
- Complimentary Race Registration to the 2016 Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon
- Official Chevron Houston Marathon Ambassador Gear
- Profile hosted on HMC Website
- Opportunity for involvement in Race Weekend Media Coverage
- Access to our Ambassador’s-Only Facebook Group
All Ambassadors will be featured on the HMC website. Chosen applicants will have a profile, photo, and opportunity to connect with other runners through social media and more! You will have the opportunity to motivate and inspire our runners and share your story!
In addition to the above perks and expectations, we will open up additional opportunities to our Ambassadors first. These additional opportunities could include pre-race interviews and news stories, merchandise giveaways, sponsor product giveaways and inclusion in special Race Weekend events. We encourage frequent communication and love to hear about your running goals and accomplishments.
Click here to apply to be a 2016 Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon Ambassador!
Please note that Ambassadors are NOT financially compensated in any way. We do not subsidize travel or training expenses or issue payment of any kind to our team. The Ambassadors serve for one calendar year, from April to March, though Ambassadors are encouraged to reapply each year if they wish to continue on future years. The Houston Marathon Committee reserves the right to remove any ambassador from the program at its discretion.
The 2016 Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon Ambassador Application is now available!
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.