Race Day Driving Directions
Expect traffic to be slow in and around areas impacted by the race course.
Driving delays can be minimized by using alternate routes that avoid the course entirely.
Need help getting around on race day?
Click on the link for your neighborhood to get detailed information on specific closures and access routes.
- Start Line Area Closure Schedule Map
- Discovery Green & Finish Line Area Closure Schedule Map
- Washington Corridor Driving Directions
- Upper Kirby Driving Directions
- Rice & West University Driving Directions
- Galleria Area Driving Directions
- Tanglewood & Memorial Driving Directions
- Memorial Park Driving Directions
Wear your Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon race bib and ride METRO for FREE on race day!
Or if you’re cheering on a runner, don’t forget that the fastest way to catch your favorite athlete at the “eight-mile split” is on METRORail.
The following streets will be closed on race day starting at 6:00 a.m. All lanes will be closed unless otherwise noted. For a complete listing of all streets, click here.
Marathon Course Closures
- Congress from Crawford to Smith
- Smith from Congress to Franklin
- Franklin from Smith to Washington (all lanes except one westbound curb lane)
- Washington from Congress to Waugh (all lanes except one westbound curb lane from Franklin to Houston, and one eastbound curb lane from Studemont to Sawyer)
- Heights/Waugh (southbound) from Washington to West Gray
- West Gray/Inwood from Waugh to Kirby
- Kirby (northbound) from Inwood to San Felipe
- Kirby (southbound) from San Felipe to Bissonnet
- Bissonnet from Kirby to Montrose
- Mandell (southbound) from Bissonnet to Sunset
- Sunset from Mandell to Main St.
- Main St. to University Blvd.
- University Blvd. from Greenbriar to Weslayan
- Weslayan (from University to Bissonnet
- Weslayan (northbound) from Bissonnet to Westpark
- Westpark from Weslayan to 610 Service Rd. (all lanes closed except one westbound lane from Newcastle to 610/59 northbound feeder road)
- Newcastle from Westpark to I-69 Service Rd. (all lanes except one southbound lane of Newcastle)
- Post Oak Blvd. (northbound) from Richmond to San Felipe
- San Felipe (westbound) from Post Oak Blvd. to Tanglewood Rd.
- Tanglewood Rd. (northbound) from San Felipe to Chimney Rock Rd.
- Chimney Rock Rd. (northbound) from Tanglewood to Woodway Dr.
- Chimney Rock Rd. (southbound) from Woodway Dr. to Memorial Dr.
- Memorial Dr. (westbound) from Chimney Rock Rd. to Loop 610
- Memorial Dr. (eastbound) from Loop 610 to Shepherd
- Shepherd (all lanes under overpass) from Memorial Dr. to Allen Parkway
- Allen Parkway from Shepherd to Bagby
- Dallas from Allen Parkway to Bagby
- Bagby from Dallas to Lamar
- Lamar from Bagby to Avenida de las Americas
- Avenida de las Americas from Polk to Rusk
Additional Half Marathon Course Closures
- Montrose from Bissonnet to Main/Mecom Fountain
- Main (southbound) from Mecom Fountain to Bissonnet
- Bissonnet (eastbound) from Main to Montrose
- Montrose (southbound) from Bissonnet to Dallas
- Montrose (northbound) from Dallas to Allen Parkway
Freeway Exit Ramp Closures
- 610 West Loop, southbound, exiting to Hidalgo/Richmond
- I-69 southbound exit to Newcastle