2021 REGISTRATION OPEN NOW
Chevron Houston Marathon®, Aramco Houston Half Marathon & We Are Houston® 5K presented by Aramco and Chevron.
2021 Registration Schedule and Pricing
Registration for the Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon is limited to 27,000 total participants.
We Are Houston 5K presented by Aramco and Chevron is limited to 6,000 total participants. 5K Add-On Price ($30) – Available when the 5K is added at the same time as when a participant is registering for the marathon or half marathon.
All pricing schedules are dependent upon registration still being available before reaching capacity.
2020 Deferred Entry
Runners may receive a guaranteed entry for the marathon or half marathon, if they deferred in 2020 and would like to participate in 2021. Please note: You must register for 2021 if you would like to participate.
Deferred Participant Pricing: : Marathon – $135; Half Marathon – $115
Registration Period: Until March 31, 2020
Front Corral Seeding – Qualifying Standards
Runners may request for front corral seeding by entering a verified time with proof during the registration process or they may add it to their participant account after registering until the deadline listed below.
Deadline: Monday, Nov. 30, 2020
All time standards are listed below and must comply with the following rules.
- You must add your qualifying time during registration.
- Only the distances included above will be accepted.
- Time must have been run on or after January 1, 2019.
- All submissions will be reviewed and verified.
- Verification will be based on official chip time.
- Road race times only; no track times or triathlon times will be accepted.
- Race must be a USATF or foreign equivalent certified course with online race results.
|Qualifying Time Standards for Front Corral Seeding|
|Gender||Age Group||Marathon||Half Marathon||10K|
|Male & Female||OPEN (all ages)*||4:00:00||1:56:00||0:52:00|
Participants can complete the 2021 Houston Double challenge by finishing the We Are Houston 5K presented by Aramco and Chevron and Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon over race weekend! All runners who finish the 2021 We Are Houston 5K and Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon will get THREE finisher medals on Sunday following the 2021 races! How to register for the We Are Houston 5K presented by Aramco and Chevron:
- Register for the We Are Houston 5K at the same time as you complete your Marathon or Half Marathon online registration and receive a special $30 offer for signing up for both Saturday and Sunday events, or
- Sign up for the 5K separately for the current 5K registration price by using the register button at the top of this page
Please note: If the marathon, half marathon and/or 5K events are sold out, the Houston Double is no longer available for that sold out event.
Number of Participants
The 2021 Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon has a protected cap of 27,000 participants. The 2021 We Are Houston 5K has a cap of 6,000 participants.
The time limit for completing the marathon is six hours and the course will open on a rolling schedule based on a 13:45 per mile pace.The time limit for completing the half marathon is four hours. Since the marathon and half marathon share part of the course on race day, the half marathon course will open on a rolling schedule based on a 13:45 per mile pace for the first 8-9 miles. The remaining miles must be completed within the final 2 hours of the time limit.The time limit for completing the 5K is 1 1/2 hours.
Participants must be at least 12 years old on race day to register for the marathon and 7 years old on race day to register for the half marathon. Participants must be at least 7 years old on race day to register for 5K.
Switching Your Race Distance (Category)
If you are registered for the marathon or half marathon, for a fee, you may switch to a different race category (i.e. from the marathon to the half marathon or 5K, or from the half marathon to the marathon or 5K). All switches must be completed by the deadline listed below.*
- June 3, 2020 – November 30, 2020: $20, plus the difference between what you paid for the half marathon and marathon – if switching up
- December 1, 2020 – January 6, 2021 @ 12 pm: $40, plus the difference between what you paid for the half marathon and marathon – if switching up
Instructions: Log in to your participant account (Click Here), select registration options on the bottom right of the screen, select “Switch Categories” and complete the process.
*If a participant does not switch their race by the deadline and runs a different race then they are registered for on race day, their timed result will be disqualified.
5K participants may not switch up to the marathon or half marathon.
All Houston Marathon Committee event fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. In the event you are unable to participate, for any reason, you will not receive a refund.
Athletes With Disabilities Policy
2021 Athletes with Disabilities Policy. – Coming Soon