2022 Registration Schedule and Pricing
Our 50th Annual Chevron Houston Marathon, 21st Annual Aramco Houston Half Marathon and the We Are Houston 5K presented by Aramco and Chevron will be in-person and virtual in 2022.
2022 Defer Entry
All runners who deferred their entry will have access to register when the guaranteed registration window opens on May 1, 2021. You are guaranteed a complementary entry and priority registration.
If you do not wish to run with us in 2022 for the 50th Anniversary Celebration of the Chevron Houston Marathon, you will have the option to register in 2023.
Front Corral Seeding – Qualifying Standards
Runners may request for front corral seeding by entering a verified time with proof during the registration process or they may add it to their participant account after registering until the deadline listed below.
Deadline: Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2021
All time Standards are listed below and must comply with the following rules:
- You must add your qualifying time during registration or in your participant account.
- Only the distances included below will be accepted
- Time must have been run on or after Jan. 1, 2019.
- All submissions will be reviewed and verified.
- Verification will be based on official chip time.
- Road race times only; no track times or triathlon times will be accepted.
- Race must be a USATF or foreign equivalent certified course with online race results.
Switching Your Race Distance (Category)
If you are registered for the marathon or half marathon, you may switch to a different race category for a fee (i.e., from the marathon to the half marathon or 5K, or from the half marathon to the marathon or 5K). All switches must be completed by the deadline listed below.*
- June 2 – Oct. 31, 2021: $20, plus the difference between what you paid for the half and marathon – if switching up
- Nov. 1, 2021 – Jan. 3, 2022 @ 12pm: $40, plus the difference between what you paid for the half marathon and marathon – if switching up
Instructions: Log in to you participant account (Click Here), select the registration options on the bottom right of the screen, select “Switch Categories” and complete the process.
*If a participant does not switch their race by the deadline and runs a different race, they are registered for on race day, their results will be ineligible to be scored.
5K participants may not switch up to the marathon or half marathon.
Participants can complete the 2022 Houston Double challenge by finishing the We Are Houston 5K presented by Aramco and Chevron and the Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon over race weekend! All runners who finish the 2022 We Are Houston 5K and the Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon will get THREE finisher medals on Sunday the 2022 races!
How to register for the We Are Houston 5K presented by Aramco and Chevron:
- Register for the We Are Houston 5K at the same time as you complete your Marathon or Half Marathon online registration for $30, or
- Sign up for the 5K separately at the current 5K registration price by using the register button at the top of this page
Legacy and 5 – 9 Registrants
2022 Legacy registration will open on June 2, 2021. All legacy runners who have 10+ finishes in the marathon or half marathon, will have guaranteed price entry of $140 for the marathon or $125 for the half marathon.
If you are a 5 – 9 year finisher and are interested in doing the virtual event this finish will count towards your legacy status
The time limit for completing the marathon in person is six hours and the course will open on a rolling schedule based on 13:45 per mile pace. The time limit for completing the half marathon in person is four hours. Since the marathon and half marathon share par to part the course on race day, the half marathon course will open on a rolling schedule based on a 13:45 per mile pace for the first 8-9 miles. The remaining miles must be completed within the final 2 hours of the time limit. The time limit for completing the 5K is 1 ½ hours.
For the 2022 Virtual Houston Marathon Running Events there will be no time limits. In order to be considered a finisher for the 2022 Virtual Houston Marathon Running Events you will need to submit proof of time in your participant account by Jan. 16, 2022.
Participants must be at least 12 years old on race day to register for the marathon and 7 years old on race day to register for the half marathon. Participants must be at least 7 years old on race day to register for 5K.
All Houston Marathon Committee event fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. In the event you are unable to participate, for any reason, you will not receive a refund.
Athletes With Disabilities Policy
2022 Athletes with Disabilities Policy Coming Soon