The Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon are seeking influential runners to represent our 2015 race! We’re looking for 10 dedicated runners who love the Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon, are involved in our running community (both on the ground and online) and are ready to be part of our amazing team of Ambassadors!
If you’ve previously run the Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon events and would like to join our 2015 Ambassador Team, please apply online now. All applications are due by April 1, 2014. Applicants will be notified by April 5, 2014.
- Spreading the word about the Houston Marathon Committee events (local running clubs, social media, blogging, etc are all examples) and answering questions.
- Submit regular reports/blogs through the duration of your ambassadorship, including pictures and testimonials.
- At least one blog per month to be posted on the HMC Press Center website and at least one tweet per week.
- Collateral Distribution in hometown (running stores, local races, etc)
- Race Weekend Support- to be determined.
- Be an expert on the Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon!
- Complimentary Race Registration to the 2015 Event
- Official Chevron Houston Marathon Ambassador Gear
- Profile hosted on HMC Press Center Website
- Opportunity for involvement in Race Weekend Media Coverage
- Access to our Ambassador’s-Only Facebook Group
All Ambassadors will be featured on the HMC Press Center website. Chosen applicants will have a profile, photo, and opportunity to connect with other runners through social media and more! You will have the opportunity to motivate and inspire our runners and share your story!
In addition to the above perks and expectations, we will open up additional opportunities to our Ambassadors first. These additional opportunities could include pre-race interviews and news stories, merchandise giveaways, sponsor product giveaways and inclusion in special Race Weekend events. We encourage frequent communication and love to hear about your running goals and accomplishments.
Click here to apply to be a 2015 Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon Ambassador!
Please note that Ambassadors are NOT financially compensated in any way. We do not subsidize travel or training expenses or issue payment of any kind to our team. The Ambassadors serve for one calendar year, from April to March, though Ambassadors are encouraged to reapply each year if they wish to continue on future years. The Houston Marathon Committee reserves the right to remove any ambassador from the program at its discretion.
I filled out the questionnaire yesterday and HOPE I get chosen. I love to run and there is nothing more magical for a runner than the Chevron Houston Marathon weekend. I get excited just thinking about it. Pick me! 🙂
I signed up for twitter just for this… RunFalcoRun
Figuring it out. Don’t judge me 🙂
Run Houston run ..!!