- Spread the word about HMC events to local running clubs, via social media, blogging, etc.
- Attend HMC events throughout the year and leading up to the 2019 race weekend activities
- Be a spokesperson for the HMC in the local running community and answer questions from clubs, runners, etc.
- Follow and interact with the Chevron Houston Marathon on social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Use social media regularly – blogging is a plus but not a requirement
- Interact and engage with HMC Sponsors – this may include but is not limited to; social media, race weekend activations, product testing, event engagement, etc.
- Attend monthly ambassador meeting to help promote each other and share ideas
- Submit a minimum of one blog to be posted to the HMC website
- At least one tweet, facebook post and instagram per week using appropriate hashtags and tagging as outlined in media kit
- Collateral distribution in hometown (running stores, local races, etc.)
- Race Weekend Support- Must be available to provide a minimum of four hours of social media monitoring and customer service at the Info Spot on Friday and Saturday of race weekend
- Be an expert on the Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon!
- Complimentary Race Registration to the 2019 Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon
- Official Chevron Houston Marathon Ambassador Gear
- Profile hosted on HMC Website
- Opportunity for involvement in Race Weekend Media Coverage
- Access to our Ambassador’s-Only Facebook Group
All Ambassadors will be featured on the HMC website. Chosen applicants will have a profile, photo, and opportunity to connect with other runners through social media and more. You will have the opportunity to motivate and inspire our runners and share your story!
In addition to the above perks and expectations, we will open up additional opportunities to our Ambassadors first. These additional opportunities could include pre-race interviews and news stories, merchandise giveaways, sponsor product giveaways and inclusion in special Race Weekend events. We encourage frequent communication and love to hear about your running goals and accomplishments.
Please note that Ambassadors are NOT financially compensated in any way. We do not subsidize travel or training expenses or issue payment of any kind to our team. The Ambassadors serve for one calendar year, from April to March, though Ambassadors are encouraged to reapply each year if they wish to continue on future years. The Houston Marathon Committee reserves the right to remove any ambassador from the program at its discretion.