Six Months. 26 weeks. 183 days. That’s how long you have until the start of the Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon.
How will you spend the next six months? Here are some things to think about when planning your training and travel for this January.
- The Houston Area Road Runners Association hosts a Warm Up Series consisting of three races: the Houston Half Marathon, HMSA Classical 25K and Sugar Land 30K. The series is designed to give runners a systematic increase in distance under competitive conditions in preparation for the Chevron Houston Marathon to be run in January.
- Check out the Chevron Houston Marathon’s website for all your travel needs. You can book your hotel, get a discount on a Super Shuttle and find alternative ways to travel downtown on Race Weekend.
- On Friday, January 18 and Saturday, January 18, join more than 50,000 runners and fitness enthusiasts at the Ironman Sports Medicine Institute at Memorial Hermann EXPO. Vendors from all over the nation will showcase the latest in running gear, health & fitness products, clothing and more.
- Participate in the Houston Double by running the ABB 5K on Saturday before your Sunday race. All runners who run the ABB 5K and Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon will get THREE finisher medals!
- Be a part of the Bank of Texas Team Challenge and battle your friends and colleagues for the coveted “boot!” The Bank of Texas Team Challenge is a FREE, exciting opportunity for registered participants in the weekend’s races to create teams to compete against each other.
- Celebrate after the race on Sunday with friends, family and runners alike at the We Are Houston RunFest. This festive atmosphere is a great place to meet up, hang out and relax after the race.
Got all that? Have any questions? The HMC is always here to help. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.