RACE REGISTRATION INFO
Chevron Houston Marathon, Aramco Houston Half Marathon & ABB 5K
The Half Marathon is SOLD OUT, but charity HERO and Fundraising entries for the half marathon are still available.
Race Registration Fees
|Open Registration||June 7, 2017 until Remaining Entries are Sold Out|
|Half Marathon||$125 – SOLD OUT (You can still register with a Half Marathon Charity Entry Here)|
|5K Add-On Price, when selected during Marathon or Half Registration||$25|
|January 15, 2017 – January 19, 2017|
|May 3, 2017 –
August 31, 2017
|September 1, 2017 –
Until Sold Out
Need to update your existing registration information?
Switch Races: If you are registered for the marathon or half marathon, for a fee, you may switch to a different distance race (i.e. from the marathon to the half marathon or 5K, or from the half marathon to the marathon or 5K).
• May 3, 2017 – November 30, 2017: $20, plus the difference between the half marathon and marathon, (if switching up)
• December 1, 2017 – December 28, 2017: $40, plus the difference between the half marathon and marathon (if switching up)
Update Your Registration Contact Information: Update your registration contact information, like mailing address, phone number, email address, and the name appearing on your bib.
Defer Your Registration to 2019: If you are a registered marathon or half marathon participant and are unable to participate in 2018 for any reason, you may defer your race registration. Submission of the form forfeits your 2018 race registration and guarantees an entry into the 2019 race of your choice. You will not receive a refund for 2018 and will be required to pay for your race entry in 2019.
Applying for Front Seeding in Corral “A”
Runners for the 2018 marathon, half marathon or 5K may request a front corral seed by submitting a qualifying finish time on their registration form, or by adding a qualifying time to their previously submitted registration form. Space is limited.
Deadline: November 15, 2017
To apply, either:
- Edit a previously competed registration by clicking on the “Apply for Front Corral A” button above, or
- Complete the Race History for Entry by Qualifying Time section during registration.
|Qualifying Time for Front Seeding in Corral “A”|
|Gender||Age Group||Marathon||Half Marathon||10K|
|Male & Female||OPEN (all ages)||4:00:00||1:52:55||0:51:08|
All qualifying times must comply with the following rules:
- Only Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K finish times will be accepted.
- Time must have been run on or after January 1, 2016.
- All submissions will be reviewed and verified.
- Verification will be based on official chip time.
- Road race times only will be accepted; no track times or triathlon times will be accepted.
- Race must be a USATF or foreign equivalent certified course with online race results.
Runners will receive an email confirmation from MarathonGuide.com within one week of applying for priority seeding.
Participants can complete the 2018 Houston Double challenge by finishing the ABB 5K and Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon over race weekend!
All runners who finish the 2018 ABB 5K and Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon will get THREE finisher medals on Sunday following the 2018 races!
How to register for the ABB 5K:
- Complete the “ABB 5K Add On – Discounted Price” box while you complete your Marathon or Half Marathon online registration and receive a special $25 offer for signing up for two races, or
- Sign up for the 5K individually by using the register button at the top of this page
Guaranteed Registration, open for a limited time, May 3 – May 31, is a registration period for participants that qualify for a guaranteed 2018 race entry into the marathon or half marathon. To qualify, a participant must fall into one or more of the following categories:
Time Qualifiers, Legacy Runners, 5-9 Year Houston Marathon or Half Marathon Finishers, 2017 Deferred Registrant and Charity Entries: HERO and Fundraising for Registration entries
Click here for details about each category.
Number of Participants
The 2018 Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon has a protected cap of 27,000 participants. Of the 27,000-participant field, 13,500 entries are reserved for the marathon and 13,500 for the half marathon.
The 2018 ABB 5K has a cap of 6,000 participants.
The time limit for completing the marathon is six hours and the course will open on a rolling schedule based on a 13:45 per mile pace.
The time limit for completing the half marathon is four hours. Since the marathon and half marathon share part of the course on race day, the half marathon course will open on a rolling schedule based on a 13:45 per mile pace for the first 8-9 miles. The remaining miles must be completed within the final 2 hours of the time limit.
The time limit for completing the 5K is 1 1/2 hours.
Participants must be at least 12 years old on race day to register for the marathon and 7 years old on race day to register for the half marathon.
Participants must be at least 7 years old on race day to register for 5K.
All Houston Marathon Committee event fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. In the event you are unable to participate, for any reason, you will not receive a refund.
Athletes With Disabilities Policy
Please click here for the 2018 Athletes with Disabilities Policy.