2017 Registration Information
|Early Open Registration||January 17, 2016 @ 3:00pm – January 21, 2016
*Early registration will open on Jan. 17 at 3:00 pm CT and close on Jan. 21 or earlier if 10,000 entries are sold. CLOSED
|Guaranteed Entries||May 5, 2016 – May 31, 2016
*Includes: Deferrals, Legacy Runners, 5-9 year Finishers, Time Qualifiers and HERO entries.
Guaranteed Charity “FFR” Entries
|June 1, 2016 – Until they are Sold Out
Includes: Guaranteed Run for a Reason “Fundraising for Registration” (FFR) charity entries.
**To update your qualifying race time, please click here.
Runners may register for either the marathon or half marathon races with a marathon, half marathon or 10K qualifying time.
- Finisher times must have been run since January 1, 2015.
- All qualifying times are subject to review and verification.
- All standards below are based on official submitted net time.
- All qualifying times must be completed in a road race (track times will not be accepted).
- Qualifying races must be a USATF or (foreign equivalent) certified course and provide online race results.
- Runners may register for either the marathon or half marathon races with a marathon, half marathon or 10K qualifying time.
- The age graded time qualification guarantees an entry during early registration. All participants interested in Corral “A” assignments must also complete the Corral “A” application section on their registration form to be considered for preferential seeding.
- The qualifying times are based upon each athlete’s age on the date of the Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon in which they are participating.
The standards are as follows:
|Gender||Age Group||Marathon||Half Marathon||10K|
|Male||80 and over||4:55:00||2:19:27||1:02:15|
|Female||80 and over||5:25:00||2:24:04||1:02:45|
5+ Houston Marathon Finishes: Runners who have completed 5 or more Houston Marathons qualify to register for only the Marathon
5+ Houston Half Marathon Finishes: Runners who have completed 5 or more Houston Half Marathons qualify to register for only the Half Marathon
Marathon or Half Marathon Legacy: completed 10+ Houston Marathons or Half Marathons exclusively qualify to register for either race
Deferred 2017 Registrants: Runners who deferred their 2016 race registration will receive an email during the first week of May with registration instructions.
Members Designated by HARRA: Contact HARRA directly to inquire about these race entries (marathon entries only)
If you are eligible for a guaranteed entry by time or number of race finishes, you may register on the guaranteed registration form.
All runners who finish the 2016 ABB 5K and Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon will get THREE finisher medals!
Number of Participants
The 2016 Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon has a protected cap of 27,000 participants. Of the 27,000-participant field, 13,500 entries are reserved for the marathon and 13,500 for the half marathon.
The time limit for completing the marathon is six hours and the course will open on a rolling schedule based on a 13:45 per mile pace.
The time limit for completing the half marathon is four hours. Since the marathon and half marathon share part of the course on race day, the half marathon course will open on a rolling schedule based on a 13:45 per mile pace for the first 8-9 miles. The remaining miles must be completed within the final 2 hours of the time limit.
Participants must be at least 12 years old on race day to register for the marathon and 7 years old on race day to register for the half marathon.
Wheelchair, Handcycle and Duo Policy
Please click here for the 2016 Wheelchair, Handcycle and Duo Policy. Registration for the wheelchair, handcycle and duo divisions is closed.