2019 RACE REGISTRATION INFO
Chevron Houston Marathon®, Aramco Houston Half Marathon & We Are Houston® 5K
Sunday, Jan. 20, 2019
|Open Registration Tier 1||June 6, 2018 until SOLD OUT or next price increase date|
|Open to ALL Participants|
|5K Add-On Price||$30|
|Open Registration Tier 2||July 1, 2018 until Sold Out|
|Open to ALL Participants|
|5K Add-On Price||$30|
|5K Registration||Limited to 6,000|
5k Add-On Price – when you add the 5K to your marathon or half marathon registration
|Jan. 14, 2018 – March 31, 2018|
|June 6, 2018||$40|
|Nov. 1, 2018||$45|
Front Corral – Qualification
All participants may update their estimated finish time in their participant account to guarantee placement in the appropriate corral.
To be seeded in the “A” corral, you must meet specific time qualifications and include a verifiable time on your registration or in your participant account.
Deadline: November 30, 2018
“A” time standards are listed below and must comply with the following rules.
- You must add your qualifying time during registration.
- Only the distances included above will be accepted.
- Time must have been run on or after January 1, 2017.
- All submissions will be reviewed and verified.
- Verification will be based on official chip time.
- Road race times only; no track times or triathlon times will be accepted.
- Race must be a USATF or foreign equivalent certified course with online race results.
- Verified times may be used for front corral seeding (Corral “A”); Corral “A” times must be equal to or faster than the OPEN time standards listed below.
- Qualifying times are based upon each athlete’s age on the date of the 2019 Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon.
|Qualifying Time Standards for Guaranteed Entry|
|Gender||Age Group||Marathon||Half Marathon||10K|
|Male & Female||OPEN (all ages)*||4:00:00||1:52:55||0:51:08|
Can’t Participate? Defer.
Deadline to Defer: January 19, 2019 @ 6pm
Can’t participate in the 2019 race anymore? Don’t worry, you can defer your marathon or half marathon entry to 2020*.
There is no additional charge to defer your entry; however, you will be required to pay for your 2020 entry at the discounted rate (marathon $135 and half marathon $115). Must register between January 20 and March 31, 2019.
Instructions: Log in to your participant account (button at the top of the page), select registration options on the bottom right of the screen, select “Defer For Future” and complete the process.
*Deferrals may only be carried over to the following registration year (i.e 2019 to 2020)
The 2018 deferral deadline to register for 2019 has passed. It was January 14, 2018 – March 31, 2018. If you would like to participate in 2019, you must register as an open participant before the race has sold out. Click the button at the top of the page to register now.
Switch Categories (i.e Races)
If you are registered for the marathon or half marathon, for a fee, you may switch to a different race category (i.e. from the marathon to the half marathon or 5K, or from the half marathon to the marathon or 5K).
- June 6, 2018 – November 30, 2018: $20, plus the difference between what you paid for the half marathon and marathon – if switching up
- December 1, 2018 – January 9, 2019 @ 12 pm: $40, plus the difference between what you paid for the half marathon and marathon – if switching up
Instructions: Log in to your participant account (button at the top of the page), select registration options on the bottom right of the screen, select “Switch Categories” and complete the process.
Registration Information Updates
Update your registration contact information, like mailing address, phone number, email address, and the name appearing on your bib by logging into your participant account.
Participants can complete the 2019 Houston Double challenge by finishing the We Are Houston 5K and Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon over race weekend!
All runners who finish the 2019 We Are Houston 5K and Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon will get THREE finisher medals on Sunday following the 2019 races!
How to register for the We Are Houston 5K:
- Register for the We Are Houston 5K at the same time as you complete your Marathon or Half Marathon online registration and receive a special $30 offer for signing up for both Saturday and Sunday events, or
- Sign up for the 5K separately for the current 5K registration price by using the register button at the top of this page
Number of Participants
The 2019 Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon has a protected cap of 27,000 participants. Of the 27,000-participant field, 13,500 entries are reserved for the marathon and 13,500 for the half marathon.
The 2019 We Are Houston 5K has a cap of 6,000 participants.
The time limit for completing the marathon is six hours and the course will open on a rolling schedule based on a 13:45 per mile pace.
The time limit for completing the half marathon is four hours. Since the marathon and half marathon share part of the course on race day, the half marathon course will open on a rolling schedule based on a 13:45 per mile pace for the first 8-9 miles. The remaining miles must be completed within the final 2 hours of the time limit.
The time limit for completing the 5K is 1 1/2 hours.
Participants must be at least 12 years old on race day to register for the marathon and 7 years old on race day to register for the half marathon.
Participants must be at least 7 years old on race day to register for 5K.
All Houston Marathon Committee event fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. In the event you are unable to participate, for any reason, you will not receive a refund.
Athletes With Disabilities Policy
Please click here for the 2019 Athletes with Disabilities Policy.