2017 Marathon and Half Marathon Registration Information
Open Registration & Guaranteed Fundraising For Registration Entries – June 1, 2016 @ 8:00 am – Until entries are Sold Out
Registration open for ALL remaining entries that are available after the two previous registration periods
Registration Entry Fees:
Chevron Houston Marathon – $135 SOLD OUT
2017 Registration Updates and Changes
After registering for the 2017 Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon you may make changes to your registration including applying with a qualifying time for a priority starting location in Corral “A”, switching your race between the marathon and half marathon or down to the 5K, updating information on your registration form and deferring your entry to the next year if you are unable to participate.
Apply for Corral “A” with a Qualifying Time
To apply for Corral “A” and ADD A QUALIFYING TIME to your marathon or half marathon registration, click here.
Qualifying times and rules are listed below:
- Marathon: 4:00:00
- Half Marathon: 1:52:55
- 10K: 0:51:08
- Runners may use an official marathon, half marathon or 10K qualifying time
- Finisher times must have been run since January 1, 2015.
- All qualifying times are subject to review and verification.
- All time standards based on official submitted net time.
- All qualifying times must be completed in a road race (track times and triathlon times will not be accepted).
- Qualifying races must be a USATF or (foreign equivalent) certified course and provide online race results.
- Deadline to submit a qualifying time: October 31, 2016.
To SWITCH your race between the marathon and half marathon or to switch to down to the 5K, click here.
- Switch Fees:
- Now – Nov. 30, 2016: $20
- Dec. 1, 2016 – Dec. 28, 2016: $40
- In addition, participants switching from the half marathon to the marathon will be charged the additional cost of the marathon ($20) in addition to the change fee.
- There are no refunds for downgrading to a less expensive race.
- Deadline to Switch: December 28, 2016
Update Registration Contact Information
To UPDATE your participant information on your registration form, click here.
Use this form to update your registration contact information including:
- mailing address
- phone number
- email address
- the name appearing on your bib
- To change any other registration information, please contact the event via email email@example.com
- Deadline to update registration contact information: November 30, 2016
Defer your entry to 2018
To DEFER your entry to 2018, click here.
Unable to participate in the 2017 events? Use this form to cancel your 2017 Chevron Houston Marathon or 2017 Aramco Houston Half Marathon and defer it to 2018. Your information will be recorded and you will be eligible for a guaranteed (but not free) spot in the 2018 race. Please note that once you have completed this form, your registration for 2017 will no longer be available.
This deferral does NOT convey a free entry into the 2018 race. You will be required to pay for your 2018 race.
Deadline to complete deferral form: January 14, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. CT
2017 5K Registration Information
ABB 5K registration is available during early (January) and guaranteed (May) registration for the marathon and half marathon as an “add-on” option. ABB 5K stand-alone registration will be available beginning June 1.
Please see the price structure below.
|$25||Add-on Price when registering for the Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon|
|$30||June 1, 2016 – September 30, 2016|
|$35||October 1, 2016 – January 12, 2017|
|$40||At EXPO *if available|
All runners who finish the 2017 ABB 5K and Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon will get THREE finisher medals!
Number of Participants
The 2017 Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon has a protected cap of 27,000 participants. Of the 27,000-participant field, 13,500 entries are reserved for the marathon and 13,500 for the half marathon.
The 2017 ABB 5K has a cap of 6,000 participants.
The time limit for completing the marathon is six hours and the course will open on a rolling schedule based on a 13:45 per mile pace.
The time limit for completing the half marathon is four hours. Since the marathon and half marathon share part of the course on race day, the half marathon course will open on a rolling schedule based on a 13:45 per mile pace for the first 8-9 miles. The remaining miles must be completed within the final 2 hours of the time limit.
The time limit for completing the 5K is 1 1/2 hours.
Participants must be at least 12 years old on race day to register for the marathon and 7 years old on race day to register for the half marathon.
Participants must be at least 7 years old on race day to register for 5K.
Athletes With Disabilities Policy
Please click here for the 2017 Athletes with Disabilities Policy.