Chevron Houston Marathon Run for a Reason Kickoff Party
Join us as we celebrate you and the start of your training at the Run for a Reason Kickoff Party! Learn about the 58 charities that represent the 2018 Run for a Reason program and commit to fundraise for your entry.
When: Wednesday, Aug. 30, 2017
Time: 5 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Where: George R. Brown Convention Center – Grand Lobby/Concourse
1001 Avenida de las Americas
Houston, Texas 77010
- Street Parking downtown is FREE after 6 p.m.
- Various Pay-For Parking garages and surfaces lots will also be available. Use this map to find the best places to park
“In Training” and Charity T-shirts
- Commit to fundraise for a Run for a Reason charity entry in the 2018 Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon at the kickoff party and receive a 2018 Run for a Reason Skechers Performance tech shirt FREE
- A limited number of FREE “In Training” t-shirts will be available to attendees who are registered for the 2018 Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon by providing a copy of your registration confirmation
- Registered participants will be able to pick up one additional shirt for a friend or family member who is also registered for the race by presenting a copy of their registration confirmation
- Shirts are available on a first come, first served basis. Sizes are not guaranteed and are limited
- Bring and donate your used running shoes at Kickoff. Simply find the green Waste Management shoe bin in the lobby of GRB and drop your unwanted sneakers in! We’ll take care of donating them to one of our 2018 charity partners, SEARCH Homeless Services
- Be sure to grab your raffle ticket as you come in the front door. We’ll be giving away Skechers Performance run gear and shoes, Dick’s Sporting Goods gift cards, Chevron gas cards and more!
Check out some of the highlights from our 2017 kickoff event!