CALLING RACE WEEKEND GROUP VOLUNTEERS!!! If you are in need of a great service opportunity, PLUS a way to fundraise for your group, come volunteer for the Houston Marathon on Sunday, January 20th, 2019. The Houston Marathon is the city’s single-day sporting event, with more than 20,000 runners taking to the streets of Houston.
Groups that bring 20 or more people to serve in one of our various race day roles have the opportunity to raise up to $500 for their organization! See below for more details on qualifications and other pertinent volunteer information!! PLEASE NOTE: THE MINIMUM AGE TO VOLUNTEER FOR THE EVENT IS 12 YEARS OF AGE.
The Houston Marathon Volunteer Group Bonus Application is now open!
There are four basic rules to the program, which are:
- 501(c) organization* – Groups must be a 501(c) organization and provide proof of status to the Houston Marathon Committee by submitting a Tax ID Verification Letter with the VGB Application
- Number of volunteers provided by a group – Minimum group size is 20 volunteers
- Online Registration – Each individual member of the group must register online
- Race Crew Assignments – All individuals in the group must select the same assignment (shift and time)
We have rolling acceptance but the earlier you apply the greater your chances are for getting accepted.
- 20 – 29 volunteers, $300
- 30 – 39 volunteers, $350
- 40 – 49 volunteers, $400
- 50 – 59 volunteers, $450
- 60 + volunteers, $500
*If you are not a 501(c) organization but are still interested in having your group volunteer for the 2019 Houston Marathon, email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on setting up a group registration.
Race Crew Perks:
Every Race Crew team member will receive:
- Race Crew T-Shirt
- Race Crew Jacket*
- Virtual Event Bag
- Volunteer Certificate
- Entry into RunFest festivities upon completion of volunteering
- Free parking
*Available for shifts that take place on Sunday only. Limited quantities available, on a first come, first serve basis. Size not guaranteed.
2019 Houston Marathon Dates:
- EXPO | Friday, January 18 & Saturday, January 19
- 5K | Saturday, January 19
- Marathon and Half Marathon Race | Sunday, January 20
We encourage you to apply and hope you can join us. Email us at email@example.com if you have any questions. Thank you in advance for your help and support.