The following defines the categories of runners that may register during the guaranteed entry period, open May 3, 2017 – May 31, 2017 for the 2018 Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half marathon.
All participants interested in a Corral “A” assignment must complete the Start Line Corral Assignment Information section of their registration to be considered for seeding in Corral “A”.
Runners may receive a guaranteed entry in either the marathon or half marathon races, if they have a qualifying time. All time standards are listed below and must comply with the following rules.
- Qualifying time may be from a marathon, half marathon or 10K to register for either the marathon or half marathon.
- Finisher times must have been run since January 1, 2016.
- You must complete the Race History for Entry by Qualifying Time section of the registration form.
- All qualifying times are subject to review and verification. To add a qualifying time to your previously completed registration or to update your qualifying race time on a previously completed registration, please click here.
- All time standards are based on a runner’s official chip time.
- All qualifying times must be completed in a road race (track times and triathlon times will not be accepted).
- Qualifying races must be a USATF or (foreign equivalent) certified course and provide online race results.
- Corral “A” is only guaranteed to those who submit a qualifying time equivalent to or faster than the OPEN time standards listed below.
- Qualifying times are based upon each athlete’s age on the date of the 2018 Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon.
|Qualifying Time Standards for Guaranteed Entry|
|Gender||Age Group||Marathon||Half Marathon||10K|
|Male & Female||OPEN (all ages)*||4:00:00||1:52:55||0:51:08|
|Age Graded Time Standards for Guaranteed Entry|
|Male||80 and over||4:55:00||2:19:27||1:02:15|
|Female||80 and over||5:25:00||2:24:04||1:02:45|
*Time standard also qualifies runner for Corral “A” assignment.
5+ Houston Marathon Finishes:
Runners who have completed 5 or more Houston Marathons qualify to register for a guaranteed marathon entry during the guaranteed entry period in May.
5+ Houston Half Marathon Finishes:
Runners who have completed 5 or more Houston Half Marathons qualify to register for a guaranteed half marathon entry during the guaranteed entry period in May.
Marathon or Half Marathon Legacy:
Runners who have completed 10+ Houston Marathons or 10+ Half Marathons exclusively qualify to register for a guaranteed entry in either the marathon or half marathon until November 1, 2017.
Deferred 2017 Registrants:
Runners who officially deferred their 2017 race registration must register for their guaranteed entry in either the marathon or half marathon between May 3 and May 31.
Deferred participants who do not register during this period will be required to register during open registration beginning June 7.
Deferred registrants will have the opportunity to register with 2017 rates during the guaranteed entry period in May. All registrants will pay the final tier pricing during the open entry period in June.
Members Designated by HARRA:
HARRA has a limited number of guaranteed entries available to be used during the guaranteed entry period in May. Please contact HARRA directly to inquire about these race entries (marathon entries only).
HERO Charity Registration:
Participants may register as a HERO charity runner to secure an entry into the 2018 events. A HERO entry includes a one-time $350 tax-deductible donation (plus the marathon or half marathon registration entry fee) to one of the official Run for a Reason charities. HERO runners receive a guaranteed entry, custom back bib and additional race weekend incentives provided by the Houston Marathon Committee.
Fundraising for Registration Charity Entry:
Participants may commit to fundraise on behalf of an official Run for a Reason charity in exchange for a guaranteed entry in the 2018 events. Fundraising requirements vary by charity, but are a minimum of $500, plus the marathon or half marathon registration entry fee. To view the official charities and their fundraising requirements, click here.