What is a Legacy Runner?
Houston Marathon and Half Marathon Legacy runners are those who have successfully finished 10 or more Houston marathons or 10 or more Houston half marathons within the official race time limits. These finishes do not have to be consecutive, but all finishes must be in the marathon or half marathon event exclusively.
The Legacy Program also organizes the Pace Teams that help runners achieve their specific race day goals.
How do I become a Legacy Runner?
Once you have officially been a finisher in 10 Houston marathon races or 10 Houston half marathon races, you will automatically be added to the Legacy program. Each year, we update the official lists below or you may visit houstonresults.com page to see your status as a Legacy runner for the Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legacy Runner Merchandise
2017 Legacy merchandise is now available to order. The deadline to place an order for Legacy merchandise will be March 1, 2017. If you would like to place an order, please visit the online store by clicking here.
Official Houston Marathon and Half Marathon Legacy Finisher Lists
Click here for a complete list of Houston Marathon and Half Marathon 5-9 Year Finishers and Legacy runners. Multi-finisher lists are located on the left side menu of the home page.
*If your name is not on the list and you have completed 10 or more Houston marathons or half marathons, please contact us at email@example.com.
2017 Legacy Runner & 5-9 Year Finisher GUARANTEED Race Registration Information
Official Houston Marathon and Houston Half Marathon Legacy runners and 5-9 Year Finishers are given the opportunity to register for the upcoming race during the guaranteed registration period (May 3 – 31) and do not need a code to register.
Once guaranteed registration has closed, 5-9 year finishers in the marathon and half marathon must enter the race through the open registration.
Legacy Runner Registration: Guaranteed May 3 – November 1 (Legacy registration is now closed)
5-9 Year Runner Registration: Guaranteed May 3 – May 31 (5-9 year Guaranteed registration is now closed)
Legacy Program News
The Legacy Program sends out newsletters to Houston Marathon and Half Marathon Legacy runners with news and updates about the race each year. Below is an archive of these newsletters:
A full list of Legacy Newsletters can be found here.
If you would like to be added to receive the Legacy Newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legacy Runners Perks
The following perks are available to all Marathon and Half Marathon Legacy Runners:
- Legacy runners may register early for the upcoming race beginning with guaranteed registration on May 3, 2017. Once guaranteed registration is over, Legacy runners may still register until November 1, 2017. Legacy runners may also register during early open registration, which will be available beginning January 15, 2017 – January 19, 2017.
- Legacy runners are eligible to receive a special Legacy bib for race day.
- Any Legacy runner who completes his/her 25th race will receive a complimentary entry for the following year. All 25 races must be exclusively marathons or exclusively half marathons, the two race types may not be combined.
- Upon completion of 30 marathons/half marathons, all future race registration fees will we waived. All 30 races must be exclusively marathons or exclusively half marathons, the two race types may not be combined.
- Legacy runners are eligible to order special Legacy merchandise.
- Marathon Legacy runners:
- Marathon Legacy runners have the option to order a Legacy golf polo shirt and/or a long-sleeve shirt.
- Marathon Legacy runners are eligible to receive a free long-sleeve shirt beginning with the completion of their 10th They may receive a free shirt on every 5th anniversary following their 10th race (ex: year 15, 20, 25, etc.)
- Half Marathon Legacy runners:
- Half Marathon Legacy runners have the option to order a Legacy cap.
- Half Marathon Legacy runners are eligible to receive a free cap beginning with the completion of their 10th They may receive a free cap on every 5th anniversary following their 10th race (ex: year 15, 20, 25, etc.)
- Legacy merchandise is available to order online. Deadline to place orders for Legacy merchandise is March 1, 20167.
- All orders must be placed through the online store, including requests from those who are eligible for free merchandise.