Family Fun Run presented by Texas Children’s Hospital and the Houston Marathon Foundation
2017 Information Coming Soon.
Families with children of all abilities are invited to participate in the Texas Children’s Hospital and Houston Marathon Foundation Family Fun Run on Saturday, April 9, 2016 at Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus.
We are very excited to celebrate our fourth year educating and encouraging Houston-area children and their families to adopt active, healthy lifestyles!
The Family Fun Run will include both a 1K and 3K course. Participants of all abilities, including those needing walkers and wheelchairs, are welcome. There will not be prizes given for top finishers; all will receive an award for participating! The race will take place rain or shine. For safety reasons, dogs, wagons, bikes, skates and rollerblades are NOT allowed on the race course.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, April 9, 2016
Start time: 9:00 am
Stroller start time: 9:20 am
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus
Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress
18200 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX 77094
H-E-B Family Fun Zone
Post-race Family Fun Zone, presented by H-E-B, open until noon featuring:
- Snacks and refreshments
- More than 25 attractions spread throughout the Adventure, Creative and Wellness Zones
- Special guests and mascots
Download for a kid-friendly guide to prepare for the Family Fun Run.
Review the pocket resource guide flipbook to help parents prepare their families for the Family Fun Run.
Check out some photos from the 2015 Family Fun Run.
Girl Scout Patches
All Girl Scouts who participate in the Fun Run can earn a patch. Just make sure to indicate that your daughter is a Girl Scout during registration. All patches can be picked up after the Fun Run under the tent in the Family Fun Zone.
- For security and safety purposes, we ask that only registered Family Fun Run participants attend on race day.
- Please, no spectators or guests that are not registered.
- There will be no race day registration.
- There are no refunds or transfers.
- Adjustments to your list of participants are not allowed after submitting your registration.
- We are sorry, there are no discounts available for Texas Children’s employees.
Volunteer registration will open mid-January 2016. Volunteer registration will remain open until all slots are filled.
Opportunities to volunteer are available for packet stuffing, packet pick-up, day before set-up and race day. For safety reasons, all volunteers must be registered. If you plan to volunteer, please ensure you can stay for your full shift. Please do not bring any family members or young children unless they are also actively volunteering. The minimum age to volunteer is 12.
All participants will be expected to collect their race materials (t-shirt, bib, etc.) on one of the dates listed below. One participant of a team/family may pick up the materials for the entire team/family. You may also have a third-party pick up your materials if you are unable.
The four dates and locations of Packet Pick-Up are listed below:
- Saturday, April 2 from 10am-2pm at Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus First Floor Conference Room
- Tuesday, April 5 from 2-6pm at HEB Pin Oak (25675 Nelson Way, Katy, Texas 77494)
- Wednesday, April 6 from 2-6pm at Texas Children’s Leopold L. Meyer Building First Floor Conference Center
- Friday, April 8 from 2-6pm at Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus First Floor Conference Room
Parking will be available at the following locations with shuttles to and from the race site. Strollers are welcome on-board the shuttles. We can also accommodate drop off at West Campus for those bringing small, infant children who may feel uncomfortable riding with them on the shuttles. If you plan to utilize the drop off, please ensure your child and belongings are accompanied by an adult, and allow yourself plenty of time to move your car to one of the off-site locations and shuttle back.
Parking will NOT be available at Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus or Methodist West Houston Hospital. Look for signage and volunteers on race day for more details.
Mustang Engineering & The Wood Group
Easily accessed from Houston Chronicle Blvd. and/or Barker Cypress Rd.
- 17420 Katy Freeway (surface parking lot)
- 17404 Katy Freeway (parking garage)
- 17420 Park Row (surface parking lot)
- 17305 Park Row (parking garage)
Second Baptist Church West
Between Fry and Greenhouse Rd. on the south side service road.
- 19449 Katy Freeway (surface parking lot)