To Working Media Planning to Cover the Chevron Houston Marathon Race Weekend of Events:
We thank you for your interest in covering the Chevron Houston Marathon Race Weekend of Events at the GRB Convention Center in Downtown Houston. The media staff at the Houston Marathon Committee will do everything to ensure you the best possible work environment. We look forward to working with you to make your experience a positive one.
General information for applying (Please read carefully):
- Only working members of the media will be approved for media credentials.
- The deadline for completing this application is Thursday, December 15, 2017 at 5 p.m. CT.
- We cannot guarantee working space for anyone who does not submit a credential application by the deadline.
- All correspondence related to your applications should be emailed to Media@houstonmarathon.com.
- Upon review and approval of an application by the Houston Marathon Committee, news organizations will be issued a letter of acceptance. Media credentials may be picked up at the media accreditation office beginning Friday, January 12, at 9:00 a.m. CT.
- Please complete the credential application by clicking the button below.
Media Credential Application Guidelines
- Print Media – Media Credentials for the Chevron Houston Marathon Race Weekend of Events are reserved for working journalists only. In order to be considered for a Media Credential, you must be a bona fide news gathering organization that produces and publishes original content. Applications for or related primarily to: (1) documentaries and/or films; (2) books (biographies, autobiographies, instructional guides, etc); (3) websites that are fanzines, that do not post original content based on news gathering criteria will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Electronic Media (Radio/TV) – Radio and TV outlets must have a dedicated sports and/or news format in order to be considered.
- Photographers – Photographers must be on assignment from a publication that meets the publication requirements listed above. All photographers applying to cover the Chevron Houston Marathon Race Weekend of Events are required to use professional photography equipment only.
The Houston Marathon Committee will make the final decision on all credential applications based on space available and the individual publication. NOTE: Past approval of credentials to the Chevron Houston Marathon Race Weekend of Events does not guarantee a credential to the Chevron Houston Marathon Race Weekend of Events.
The Houston Marathon Committee reserves the right to limit credentials for freelance journalists.
- You will receive a confirmation letter.
- Credential pick-up begins Friday, January 12, at 9:00 a.m.
- A valid photo ID and/or media affiliation identification will be required to pick up credentials.
- Members of the media will be required to pick up their pre-approved media credentials at the Media Accreditation Center located inside the George R. Brown Convention Center (1001 Avenida de las Americas) on the third floor in Hall D – Room 370.
- No media credentials will be mailed. If you are unable to pick up your credential during the following hours, please contact the Houston Marathon Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a special credential pick up time.
Wireless Internet Access will be available in the Chevron Houston Marathon Media Center.
The Houston Marathon Committee has secured special rates with the host hotel – the Hilton Americas. If you need hotel accommodation, please email email@example.com.
Media Accreditation Hours of Operation
|Friday, January 13||9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Saturday, January 14||9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.|
No media credentials will be issued on Sunday, January 15, 2017. Credentials are required to enter the GRB on race days. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Media Guides will be available online and hard copies will be available on-site inside Press Headquarters.