The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. The Houston & Southeast Texas Chapter serves 140,000 families affected by Alzheimer's disease in 37 counties in southeast Texas. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. Our vision is a world without Alzheimer's disease.
With your generous support, we continue to meet the needs of those impacted by this disease in our community through a wide array of research, programming and supportive care including:
- HELPline (800.272.3900): offering support, information and referral 24/7;
- Programs for those with Alzheimer's including early stage peer groups;
- Safety Services including MedicAlert + Safe Return program;
- Care Consultations: individualized planning for families;
- Programs promoting brain health;
- Educational programs for professionals, care partners, and the community.
The Alzheimer's Association is our community's leading source of dementia and brain-health information. Please join us in our efforts to provide care and support for those with this disease and their caregivers. Learn more at www.alz.org/texas
Fundraising Progress ($22,456):